Our Story

Pannonia Studio

^
1935
Dubbing industry
  • The law requiring feature films to be dubbed was passed in July, 1935, which paved the way for the golden age of the dubbing industry
^
1957
Foundation
  • The dubbing studio of Pannónia Filmstúdió was built back in the 50s
^
1963 - 1968
First film series
  • Making of Peti – series, Gusztáv, Marci-series and The Mézga Family
^
1973
First Aminated Feature
  • Making of János vitéz by Jankovics Marcell
^
1981
International Recognition
  • The fly won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film at the 53rd Academy Awards
^
1990
Decay
  • In the years of decreased governmental support, Pannonia Filmstudio broke apart into several sudios
^
2018
Renovation
  • Pannónia Stúdió, the newly renovated building of the original Pannónia Filmstúdió was handed over
^
Today
Music & Film Post-production
  • Today, the historic building provides space for several companies dealing with music and film post-production

In the Past

Dubbing Studio

The Pannonia Film Studio, formed in 1952, was the largest animation studio in Hungary. It produced hundreds of animated shorts and more than 20 animated features.

In the XXI century

Animation, Sound and Post Production

The historic building provides creative space for animation, sound, and post production companies. Exhibits of the dubbing technology of past eras and regular educational screenings await those who wish to gain a better insight into one of the key sites of the history of filmmaking in Hungary.